Speedway readers use Autopilot, a set of unique firmware features that work together to automatically optimize the reader's operation for its environment, delivering peak performance at all times.
- Autoset—senses levels of RF noise and interference, automatically selecting appropriate settings.
- Low duty cycle—reduces RF interference, power consumption, and energy costs
- Dynamic antenna switching—senses where tags are in the field and automatically focuses on antennas with the largest tag populations, improving throughput and efficiency.
The Speedway is available in two- (R220) and four-port (R420) versions. The R420 offers maximum configuration flexibility to deliver peak performance in even the most challenging applications. The R220 is specifically designed for many common, less demanding applications by offering a subset of software and hardware features at a compelling price. Additional features include:
- 2 and 4 antenna port configurations
- Device management and monitoring
- Industry standard application interface with support for EPCglobal Low Level Reader Protocol (LLRP)
- High transmit power (within regulatory limits), Autopilot software, and leading receive sensitivity for overall highest readability
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) and WiFi/cellular modem connectivity
- Quality design resulting in industry's highest reliability