Safety for the end customer is the main objective for manufacturers or producers of perishable products. Perishables are considered those items that lose their properties in short spans of time, either because they need to be maintained by cool temperatures or because they lose their properties upon opening the package or other circumstances.
There are 4 main types of industries that fall under this category:
- Suppliers of fresh and precooked foods
- Pharmaceuticals & healthcare industries
- Storage of blood, blood bags, containers, etc.
- Industrial technical products
Traceability and Management is Essential
Dipole RFID specializes in and offers the capabilities of obtaining, tracking and managing key functions of perishable goods, which include: consumption and expiration dates, batch packaging, container, crate and bins management, registration of movement of goods and data in "Real Time" without human intervention.
With Dipole RFID's software, you can obtain traceability from origin to final delivery, pulling all information on products, processes, machinery, and tasks that must be accomplished in order to successfully deliver to the customer.
- Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare
- Technical products
Processes where RFID Adds Value
RFID in Perishables. The processes of the food and pharmaceutical sectors have similar connotations with different requirements. This is where RFID adds indisputable value; by allowing us to identify the materials, processes and tasks of employees, pulling and recording data from the beginning to end.
Companies typically see an improvement rate between 20% to 60% in areas where there are significant losses.
- Control and traceability of the contents of each package, pallet or container
- Management of buckets, refrigerators, cars, crates, boxes, cases and other assets
- Expiration alert management and other custom alerts
- Control of tasks in production processes
- Pulling information in real time to have full visibility to the current status or situation of an item